4/3/10

blue jean baby

How's this for keeping up with the blog? Three posts in the last week! Ha!
Well, as you may have noticed, blue is currently my favorite color, and as i mentioned in my last post, I've found a new appreciation for denim. So this post is dedicated to the blue things I found last time I went to salvation army with my mom.


First up is this awesome vintage 60s(?) trench/rain coat made by Misty Harbor, "a division of Jonathan Logan," that is perfect for spring. As soon as I fished this out from between sketchy flasher-trenches and some really odd, over-priced fur coats I instantly thought of Rhiannon, who has been talking about finding the perfect spring trench for ages now. I think I have found mine! It has contrast top stitching, is the perfect length, and has the cutest buttons and pockets without looking too contrived. Plus I was in serious need of a raincoat with all the rain we've been getting lately.
Next up is two button downs; I've been practically living in the lower one for the past few weeks. I've been on the lookout for chambray shirts for the past few months, and luckily I've found two that are perfect! The top one fits closer to the body and is good for tucking into high waisted jeans/skirts, and the bottom one is incredibly soft and easy and looks pretty wild my my great-aunt's vintage sequined vest. I'm loving these right now!

I grabbed this denim dress the other day at salvation army, and fell in love with the collar. Doesn't it look familiar? I swear I've seen another dress with the same exact collar in some spring collection, but I have no idea where. I cut it shorter as it was awkwardly ankle length, maybe a little too short because now I can't hem it (oops), but I'm crossing mt fingers that the edge won't fray!

And lastly I wanted to show off my (growing) 70s jean collection! I have six pairs now, five of which were thrifted and one bought off of eBay (from Australia, no less!). The only pair that fits me is the ebayed pair, but I'm thinking of selling the rest...that is, if anyone actually reads this and would be interested in owning 70s high waisted denim! Anyone out there? Hello?

Oh, and before I forget, my first post was this time last year, right after Easter! How weird is that? A whole year has gone by! I can hardly believe, when I look back on the past twelve months, how much I have changed. I feel like I'm a bit more mature, and my tastes have definitely changed, but what do you think? Am I totally the same? Totally different? Let me know what you'd want to see more/less of! (less text probably, haha)

'til next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Denim is IN! And I have yet to buy some! I would kill for more highwaisted pants. I just might stop at American Apparel to pick up a pair...as for those chambray shirts, I really need to find myself a pair!

    PIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks! yeah i still really want the AA ones in black, i need more high waisted bottoms

    ReplyDelete