11/15/09

black and blues

So here is the dress I wore to the sweet sixteen last weekend! (Gosh, that was only a week ago! It feels like ages!)
I initially fell in love with it a few weeks ago, but it was a bit pricey so I left it and mulled over whether or not it was worth the cash (damn Anthropolgie, making such beautiful expensive clothes!). But then I got my first few paychecks burning a hole in my pocket, and knew that I wanted to spend them on something special ;) I'm slowly building up a collection of their beautiful dresses, and I'm pretty ecstatic, to say the least!
I love how it is unconventionally blue and black, and with the velvet bustier it's magical! The tulle is stiff enough to hold shape too, which is exactly how I like it. The only downfall with this dress is that it runs pretty big; I should have gone down a size because it fell down a few times over the course of the night. I wore my polka dot J Crew tights as I said before, and had my hair up for conveniences' sake. Next time I wear it I'd try doing my hair the right way; a strapless dress deserves long hair worn down! I felt very Karen Elson ish, which is always a good thing!
I also wanted to say that I'm sorry for being such a deadbeat blogger as of late; but I promise good things are to come, including Christmas (or Hanukkah, or whatever) wish lists and maybe something a bit more eloquent that I have had in the works for a while. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment