7/27/10

8 difficult questions...

( photo via Rostbiff on flickr)
Sorry for the radio static, I've been having some computer issues (try whole computer virus takeover/crash, possible loss of all my photographs and everything I've written for the past four years...I am so bummed). I'm trying to figure out all the workings of the home computer, and thought I'd drop by and let you know why I've been quiet!
Since I don't have anything on this computer to share (although I have a ton of cool stuff I've thrifted recently to show you, plus a slew of outfits queued up) I thought I'd finally get around to answering the 8 difficult questions that Miss Madeline of Swellegant Ponderings tagged me with a few weeks back! Here goes...

1. What never fails to cheer you up?
If it's nice out, then I'll go sit outside on the lawn and read one of my favorite books, and if it's better to be indoors then I'll sit inside and catch up on my blog reading!

2. If you could live one day of your life over again what would it be?
That's a hard one...I guess I'd relive any day the summer after Sophomore year of high school; I was just discovering my friends then and it all seemed so wonderful to be a part of a group after staying shy for so long!

3. What do you like best about yourself?
I like that I don't feel the need to fill every silence, and that I'm a great listener (so I'm told). I can't understand why some people need to be entertained all the time! Take a breath and chill!

4. What would you change about yourself?
I'd like to be a bit more confident and outgoing, and a little less shy. Blessing and a curse, I suppose.

5. What have you enjoyed most about blogging?
Aside from all the wonderful people out there, and being able to connect with people continents away, /I really love to be able to look back at my life through the blog. It's a lot like a personal diary (although mine looks a lot more like a "this is what I bought today" list! Oh, well.)

6. Who or what is your ultimate source of inspiration?
That's tough... I guess I'd have to say that the use of fabric and texture in the 20s, the drape and fit of the 30s through the 50s, color and cut in the 60s, and free spirited-ness of the 70s all have influenced me at one point. As for a particular person, I think that Kirsten Dunst and Natalie Portman are the bees knees. Lula Magazine is also fantastic. And Nabokov's Lolita. And Atonement, both the book and the film. I cry every time.

7. If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be?
I would sacrifice all spending/ an arm and a leg for the chance to experience the french countryside in the flesh. That or Italy, especially where my grandparents came from.
8. Who would you invite to your ideal dinner party?
The women mentioned above, Sophia Coppola, Jason Schwartzman, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio circa Romeo and Juliet, all of my friends and whomever they choose to bring... and it would be fantastic.
Well, there you are! I also have to tag 8 bloggers,, so if they please, would The Girl in the Paper Dress, Belle Vintage, Buttons and Accordians, Maps and Fragments, Daisy Dayz, Papillon Vintage, Naked Tile, and A plus B in the Sea kindly pass it on!
I pinky swear that as soon as I get everything straightened out I will be back in business. Promise.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting answers! and Sophia Coppola...brilliant woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Sophia Coppola! As well as Natalie Portman, Lula Magazine and Lolita.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem very sincere and easygoing from your answers. Thanks for the tag! I'll have to try to answer some of these questions myself :]

    ReplyDelete